Textile Engineering College Admission Circular 2021 has been published. 7 Textile Engineering Colleges in Bangladesh are affiliated with Bangladesh Textile University. The colleges are run by the Department of Textiles under the Ministry of Textiles and Jute. Application for admission in 4 year BSc in Textile Engineering program has started. The application, which started on June 1, will continue till July 8.
Textile Engineering College Admission 2020-21
|01.||Application Start||1 June 2021|
|02.||Application Deadline||20 August 2021 (Extended)|
|03.||Admit Card Download||To be Announced|
|04.||Admission Test Date||03 September 2021, 10:00 am to 11:20 am (Changed)|
The number of seats
|Sl.||College Name||College and Center Code||Total Seats|
|01.||Textile Engineering College, Jorarganj, Mirsarai, Chittagong||Z||120|
|02.||Pabna Textile Engineering College, Shalgaria, Pabna||P||120|
|03.||Textile Engineering College, Begumganj, Noakhali||N||120|
|04.||Shahid Abdur Rob Serniabat Textile Engineering College, Barisal||B||120|
|05.||Sheikh Kamal Textile Engineering College, Jhenaidah||J||120|
|06.||MA Wazed Mia Textile Engineering College, Pirganj, Rangpur||R||120|
|07.||Sheikh Rehana Textile Engineering College in Gopalganj||G||120|
Eligibility of application
- Candidates have to pass SSC Science / Equivalent Examination from any Board of Education in the country in 2017 or 2018 or the Equivalent Examination from Foreign Education Board and HSC Science / Equivalent Examination in 2019 or 2020.
- Each of the SSC and HSC exams from the science groups must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 points separately. The total grade points in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English in the HSC examination should be at least 15 and each of them should have 3 points separately.
- GCE and O-Level and A-level pass candidates can also apply. In O level examination, at least 5 papers have to be passed with an average “B” grade and in the A-level examination has to be passed with a B grade in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Any candidates cannot apply if there is a D grade in any subject.
Application for admission in textile colleges can be made only through Teletalk pre-paid mobile. The application fee is Tk. 1000. You have to apply through two SMS in total. Detailed instructions have been published on the website of the Department of Jute and Textiles. Follow the instructions below to apply.
1st SMS: DOT <space> First 3 letter of HSC Board Name <space> HSC Roll <space> HSC Year <space> First 3 letter of SSC Board Name <space> SSC Roll <space> SSC Year <space> College Codes (Serial by Comma) <space> Center Code and Send to 16222.
2nd SMS: DOT <space> YES <space> PIN <space> Contact Number and Send to 16222.
Admit Card Download
The Admit Card Download Deadline will be notified to the applicant via SMS. After receiving the SMS, the candidate can download it. Admit Card has to be downloaded within the stipulated time. It cannot be downloaded after the deadline. Candidates have to upload their photos and signature while downloading the admit card. Photo size is 300×300 pixels and file size is a maximum of 100 KB. The signature size should be 300×60 pixels and the maximum file size should be 60 KB. Detailed instructions are given below.
- Visit dot.teletalk.com.bd to Download Admit Card.
- Log in with your user ID and password in the login option.
- Upload your photo and signature.
- Download and print the Admit Card.
To participate in the admission test, two copies of the admit card and two photocopies of the original registration card of the HSC / equivalent examination should be taken along. Candidates must be present at the center at least 45 minutes before the admission test and 30 minutes before the test in the exam hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall 15 minutes after starting the examination.
Marks Distribution and Question Pattern
Admission tests of textile colleges under Bangladesh Textile University will be taken in the MCQ system. A total of 200 Marks admission tests will be taken. The question paper will have 100 questions. The Marks of each question will be 2. Test time will be 1 hour 20 minutes. 0.50 marks can be deducted for each wrong answer. Distributing subject-based marks-
- Mathematics – 60 marks
- Matter – 60 marks
- Chemistry – 60 marks
- English-20 marks
The results of the admission test will be published on the website of the Department of Textiles and all colleges and on the notice board on 19 July. The central merit list will be published on the basis of the marks obtained in the admission test. The merit list of the selected candidates will be published on a college basis according to the order of merit and preference of the candidates.